Roadvale State School was opened on the 14 November 1889 by Head teacher Mr William Seeley 'but owing to the wet day only twenty children attended'. He stayed at the school for ten years.
The second teacher at Roadvale State School was Mr Malcolm McNeill who taught here from January 1900 until June 1911, when he retired. On the 16 May 1891 a State School Committee was elected to supersede the building committee. The school play shed was built in 1899 and is still used today.
In the early 1900's each school break up was celebrated by a picnic and then a dance. Provisions provided for the events included cakes, bread, ham, butter, tea, sugar, mustard and candles (as there was no electricity then). All children who attended school received a book on breaking-up day.
Electricity was introduced to the Roadvale area in 1953, however it was not installed at the school until 1955.